- Knowledgeable, professional and great customer service. Ed serviced both of our business laptops that were running slow. With the cleanup and the hard drive upgrade, they both are operating at lightning speed thanks to Ed.read moreread lessKen Nercessian4/07/2021
- Ed has been managing the web site for my business and giving me sage technical guidance for over a year now.
Finally, a computer guy who speaks clear English, is available during most normal business hours and most importantly is skilled and attentive to exactly what I need to keep my site and flow of new customers unimpeded.
My business has grown significantly over the last year and it is largely as a result of a clean, simple, functional web site.
Call this geek! you'll be glad you did.read moreread lessMichael LaFrank10/09/2017
- I don't know what so say about how positive my experience was this business was without writing near a whole article. My home PC is basically my home business and the work I do on it is my main source of income. I had Windows 7 as an operating system out of necessity all for one program I absolutely need and one terrible night the system locked up during an update. I had to hard power it off for lack of any other option and it basically wrecked my operating system. It had been along hard day and I was desperately trying to access my incomplete work and family photos to back them up and in the process by entering windows from safe mode. Most likely from having to hard power off the system many times after getting "blue screens of death", I ran into a hardware issue and my system wouldn't boot at all. I am confident enough to open my case and have replaced many hardware components on my own in the past, but after no response from my system after many attempts to diagnose bad hardware and reset my own motherboard, I brought my computer to AmGeek. I would always prefer to support a local, hardworking individual over a chain. My wife found the business, read the google reviews for me, and recommended.
Fearing I had a dead motherboard and a totally jacked up operating system, Ed tried to be reassuring offered hope that it might not be the case, but in due time he was able to confirm the worst. I found an exact match for the bad hardware and brought it by. I can say the entirety service I received was personal and professional. Rather than try to install a new motherboard and transfer over the processor myself for the first time with no real instruction or guidance, I feel I made the better decision here. He diagnosed my bad motherboard, got my corrupted hard drive with the bad windows install back in working order, but the icing on the cake was that he was able to save my windows profile, all of my personal files, such as work archives, 6 years + with of pictures of my family including my son from birth to present, and most of my programs were still usable. I have reinstalled operating systems more times than I would ever care to but have not reached the level of knowledge to do anything like that. I am grateful. I tried to insist that if the motherboard was replaced, I could take it from there, but he assured me the best thing was for me just to let him do his thing, fully fix and restore the entire system so I could just plug it in at home and work on it and enjoy it once more. I'm glad I listened because the situation was more than stressful enough and I know I'm better off now for it. I spent maybe an hour this Sunday afternoon reinstalling a handful of programs that were not recoverable due to the path they were originally installed to and am ready for work tomorrow on Monday. Five stars, fully recommend, and will go again. I have two laptops in the closet with issues that I would love to bring by as soon as I can. Until I get that coveted computer science degree, I feel like I have a "guy" if i ever need one.read moreread lessWill Chubet12/02/2018
- My laptop is only a few years old but has worked like absolute trash for as long as I can remember. I would have been better off with dial-up; it was faster. For this reason, I rarely used my laptop. In a last ditch effort to not have to drop $1,000 on a new one, I once again searched for computer repair services near me and stumbled upon AmGeek.
Boy, am I glad I did. I gave Ed (the geek) a call to see if he could fix my useless laptop. I brought it over and lo and behold, one week later and this thing works arguably better than when I originally bought it. To say my jaw dropped to the floor when he had me turn it on and test it would be an understatement. It had previously taken my laptop 10+ minutes to turn on, get through the log-in process and then struggle to open a browser. Not only did the computer turn on in seconds, log-in in seconds, but the browser opened and loaded in SECONDS. I am an avid tab opener and internet searcher (as I type in the 10th tab I have currently open) and when I tell you I could cry with joy, I'm not joking. On top of that Ed not only fixed my laptop, he added a bunch of cool programs to it such as a free program similar to Microsoft Word and Excel (I had nothing prior), video editing programs, photoshop editor, etc. He also gave me the information on what he did, what programs he loaded and what they do, and the box/information on the new harddrive he installed.
In summary, for a mere $250, Ed took my piece of junk laptop and made it BETTER than new. If you have a computer problem I HIGHLY recommend taking it here before you decide to throw in the towel. Ed is completely transparent about costs and the pros/cons of his recommended fixes and his prices are unbeatable. My only disappointment is that I waited so long to take my laptop to AmGeek!!read moreread lessSerena11/25/2022
- I am a complete computer illiterate. Ed has helped on many occasions, most recently by getting me back on the internet after being off a week after my husband & friend were not able to get us back on. He has repaired my computer at his shop 3 times & was instrumental in recovering data when our old hard drive failed and putting it on our current computer. He is cheerful, helpful & available past business hours if necessary (don't call Sunday morning though). Give him a try.read moreread lessVicky McCaffrey9/01/2018
- Ed helped me about a year ago replace a dead power supply and update my pc. Good guy, fast service. Bit pricier than expected though. Would certainly come back if I ever needed more support!read moreread lessAtom James6/03/2019
- I have been using AmGeek both for periodic tune-ups and for problem solving for almost 15 years. When I lived near him, I would bring my cpu in to his shop. Now he works his magic remotely. He is the only computer tech I trust to let into the inner sanctums of my machine. Trust is a crucial reason why I keep using his services, since he has access to everything on my drives. Not only does he solve whatever problems I am having, he provides advice on how to keep them from happening -- and he answers all questions, no matter how basic or complicated the answers,with patience and thoroughness. I continue to recommend him to friends who are reluctant to let anyone access to their private information on their computers.read moreread lessElaine Frankonis1/05/2018
- Ed has been taking care of my computer for years. He does a great job
and is always available when needed, even on the phone. The most important thing is that I know that I can trust him. Referred by my sister and I would recommend him to anyone. Thanks Ed for all your help.read moreread lessGail Fogarty10/04/2017
- If you are looking for impeccable services that involves your computer then, Ed is the person for you. The cost is affordable with excellent customer service. I can guarantee that he will exceed your expectations. I can't thank him enough for repairing my computer!read moreread lessShakar11/19/2022
- There is no better person to help with your computer problems. We love Ed for our personal and business machines. Bringing them to him is efficient and cost effectiveread moreread lessLaurie Hasso8/30/2018